Tandoori Chicken or Lamb
Makes 4 Servings
Cubed uncooked chicken or lamb to serve 4, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/4 cup coconut milk, 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, pinch of sea salt, 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, pinch of ground cardamom, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, 2 sliced onions and other vegetables of your choice for roasting and serving
1. Placed cubed chicken or lamb in a glass container. Set aside.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients except the onions and vegetables, and stir thoroughly. Pour over the meat. Mix with a spoon, seal with a lid, and marinate in the fridge for 8 to 48 hours. More time adds more flavor.
3. When you are ready to cook, preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place marinated meat cubes on one of the sheets, spacing them to allow them to cook evenly.
4. Toss vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and place on the other baking sheet.
5. Put both pans into oven to roast. If the vegetables are done first, remove them and pop them back in the oven at the end for a few minutes to warm them.
6. Turn the pieces at least once during the cooking time. Bake until the meat is cooked through; split a larger piece to check. Remove from the oven when done and allow to sit.
7. Serve the meat over the vegetables.